The Directors of the Platinum Performing Arts Competition have collectively over 100 years of dance experience. Our Directors took dance as students, became Professional Dancers, and then took it to the next level becoming Professional Dance Directors, Dance Teachers, Choreographers, Studio Owners and Dance Judges. Having undertaken every aspect a Dance Director/Teacher has to do, we know what YOU do, and we appreciate your talent, hard work, and exhaustive energy in bringing it all together for your students.
We invite you to join us and re-energize yourself. Come be part of something that is geared toward YOU, where you are appreciated for all that YOU do.
PLATINUM PERFORMING ARTS COMPETITION’S main focus is:
- An educated, positive and fun experience for your students
- A stress free environment for your parents
- A positive, reinforcing and re-energizing experience for the
Directors / Teachers.
We want to thank you, for all YOU do. Come join us in our new endeavor. We strive to provide a professional, organized, and educational experience in a family friendly environment.
Our hope is that all performers will appreciate their love of dance more, in a place where there are no limits to what each student can attain. Their only competition is to challenge themselves in their art of dance. We at PLATINUM PERFORMING ARTS COMPETITION are dedicated to bringing a positive atmosphere and building self confidence for every performer from the Beginner through to the Advanced Dancer.
By bringing experienced Judges and Staff to every competition, we ensure that your experience is a true PLATINUM EXPERIENCE.
Thank you to all our Directors, Teachers, Parents and most of all today’s Performers!! Good Luck to all of you!!
Yours in Dance, Janine and Kathy
Kathy has over 50 years experience in all areas of dance, including performing, teaching, directing a studio, and choreography. She also has experience in the competition arena having directed numerous competitions and judging for 5 different competitions over the past 18 years. Her goal is to cultivate artistic expression at each competition, as well as keep developing technique, and enriching creativity by offering workshops to all performers with top choreographers. Most importantly she strives to give positive reinforcement to all performers as they continue to improve their skills and love of dance.
- Owner & Director of The Kathy Ryan Dance Studio, Norfolk, MA 25 years
- Students have performed in 3 Countries, 15 States, 2 xs on the Norwegian Majesty Cruise Line, Performed on the Boardwalk in New Jersey, Heresy Park, and 3 xs in Disney Word.
- Her students have won numerous High Score Awards.
- Her students have performed at Foxboro Stadium at multiply Pre-games and Half Time for the 3x World Champion New England Patriots.
- Her students have performed Pre-game and Half time at the Boston Garden for the 17x World Champion Boston Celtics
- Original Instructor of the Dance Program at the West Roxbury Community School
- Choreographer for Numerous Boston Area High Schools, Colleges and Churches Mt. St. Joseph Academy, Aquinas Jr. College, Boston College High School, Catholic Memorial High School, Cedars of Lebanon, St. Theresa’s CYO
- Business Director & Assistant Choreographer for the Free Spirit Dancers
- Appeared in a Mercury Cougar Car Commercial representing the Free Spirit Dancers
- Member of the Beverly Richards Dance Company
- Dance Captain for the Be Fit to Breathe Program
- Graduate of the Dance Teacher Training Certificate Program, sponsored by the Dance Teachers Association of America, Boston Chapter
- Member of NFL New England Patriot Cheerleading Squad
- Founding and current member of the NEPCAA- New England Patriot Cheerleaders Alumni Association
- Inducted member of the NFL New England Patriots Cheerleaders’ Hall of Fame 2010
- Member of USFL Boston Breakers Cheerleading Squad
- Choreographer for the Norfolk, Medfield, Millis Pop Warner Cheerleading Program 1991-2004
- Judged all over New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts for various Dance Competitions
- Judged for Miss Massachusetts Preliminary Pageants affiliated with the Miss American Pageants
- Nominated in Who’s Who among American Teachers
- B.A. Suffolk University
- A.S. for Aquinas College
- Previous Memberships include: National Dance Association, Professional Dance Teachers Association, Member of AAHPERD, United Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau
Janine has been enjoying dance for over 40 years and has participated in many Dance Competitions in her years as a student. She also has had the opportunity to be a Professional Cheerleader, Teach Dance, Judge Competitions, Choreograph Dance and Cheerleading routines. She continues to enjoy dancing and participating in shows and recitals.
Her experience includes:
- NFL Cheerleader for The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- Treasurer of NEPCAA – New England Patriots Cheerleader Alumni Association
- Member of the New England Patriots Cheerleader Hall of Fame
- Member of the “Be Fit to Breathe” Dance Team
- Member of The Free Spirit Dancers
- Cheerleader for the Semi-Pro Bay State Bombadiers Basketball Team
- Dance Teacher and Exercise Instructor for The Kathy Ryan Dance Studio
- College Cheerleader
- Modeling for The Stony Brook Camera Club
- Competed in award winning routines at many Dance Competitions
- Certified Aerobic Teacher for 15 years
- Choreographer for Brockton High School Musicals
- Assistant Cheerleading Coach and Choreographer for Southeastern Regional High School
- Judged for The Miss Taunton Pageant
- Judged various High School Cheerleading Competitions
- Appeared in a Mercury Cougar commercial representing the Free Spirit Dancers
- Associates Degree in Computer Science from Massasoit College
- Harvard Business Extension Accounting Certificate Program